Monday, February 27, 2012

Inspiration...


Inspiration.......comes in many forms! A favorite book, a stunning sunset, a fabric swatch, or even a bunch of beautiful flowers! I found ideas in many places, sometimes places you would expect ( fabric store) sometimes strange ( dead plants in a winter garden)sometimes surprising ( color class homework!). Wherever you find it, designing a space in your home is so much easier when you have inspiration! And so frustrating when you have none! Which is why my basement is about to get a color make-over! When we finished the "Bulldog Arms" as our basement is known ( we're British, what can I say!) our contractor gave me a day to pick a paint color. Needless to say, I panicked, and picked a safe, boring pale peach that seemed OK. We hadn't yet furnished the room, and had no idea how it would feel once the pictures were on the wall, rugs on the floor and football / movie on the giant TV! 
Fast forward 2 years, and several "events", and I now look at the funky parson's chair sitting in the corner, the one covered in a Union Jack linen fabric, and have found my inspiration at last! BLUE!!! Of course, initially I thought a dark color would be too claustrophobic, too dark, but now, with the funky peacock Tiffany lights, and framed Brady shirt on the wall, now it feels like the perfect color! 
Thank you, inspiring chair in the corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment